Thank you for exploring Canopus Holidays for the best travel experiences. We offer you a delightful all efforts to ensure that you have a warm and a delightful holiday experience. We devote keen attention to every minute detail of your tour. At the same time we request you to follow the below terms and conditions so that we are successful in our earnest attempt to give you a hassle free and an enjoyable tour.
1) Brief Description and Commencement:
A)Definitions:In these Terms and Conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
- Guest(s) means the total number of people who have registered their names and booked the tour by having paid full payment for Indian / World tours organized by Canopus Holidays (which expression shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof be deemed to mean and include their respective heirs, executors and administrators)
- Tour/s means any India and/or World Tours organized by Canopus Holidays.
- First day of the tour shall start at any time (i.e. in the morning/afternoon/evening) at the first destination depending on the arrival of the respective Flight / Train / Cruise / Coach or any mode of transport, same shall be in case of the last day of the tour. In other words, a ‘Day’ shall mean a part of the day or 24 hours or its part thereof.
- Panoramic city tour: City tour includes all places as mentioned in the tour program and unless specifically mentioned, it is a panoramic view or a photo stop.
- Tour Director / Tour Manager / Tour Assistant by whatever designation called means a Person designated by the Company to help / guide / assist the Guests in and/or during India and/ or World Tours Organised by Canopus Holidays.
- Force Majeure means an event or circumstance not within the reasonable control, directly or indirectly, of Canopus Holidays in its ability to perform its obligations / responsibilities regarding the tour including.
- War, hostilities invasion, act of foreign enemies;
- Rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power or civil war;
- Epidemic, explosion, fire, flood, earthquake or other exceptional natural calamity and act of God;
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, radioactive toxic explosive, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component of such assembly;
- Riot, commotion or disorder;
- Any act or omission of any Government instrumentality;
- A Change in Legal Requirements;
- Strikes lock outs or other industrial disturbances;
- Abnormal weather or sea conditions including tempest, lightning, hurricane, typhoon, rain and temperatures.
- Brochure means tariff rates and tour related information for the respective years brought out / published by Canopus Holidays.
- Independent Contractor means a person and/or organization selected by Canopus Holidays to render services including transport, hotel, restaurants, sightseeing to the tourist (s) and/or to Canopus Holidays.
- Meal means breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or any other snacks supplied.
- Jain food means food only without onion and garlic served at the time of tour group meals not necessarily before sunset.
- The masculine gender, shall also include feminine gender and vice versa, the singular shall include plural and vice versa and shall include grammatical variations thereof.
- Each of these terms and conditions shall be severable and if any provision thereof is declared invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then remaining provisions nevertheless shall have full force and effect.
- Group tours mean where the services provided are similar to all the travelers in that group.
Brochure means tariff rates and tours related information published by the Company from time to time for the respective years. After arrival of new brochure all old tariff cards and tours related information stands cancelled unless specified.
Company reserves the right to change or modify information related to tour or tariffs; also hotels can be changed even after the tour has been booked by the Guest. The Company shall inform the Guest at the earliest about the changes in their respective programme.
Company as an organization is coordinating with various independent service providers for conducting the tour. Company takes utmost precaution to ensure that the tour is comfortable. Also, Guests are updated from time to time through different media of communication in case of changes.
Though we take maximum care, neither do we have control on the modes of transport like airlines, railways, cruises, coaches, buses etc. nor on hotels, restaurants or any other services.
Thus, as a company we shall not be responsible for any kind of damage to the person or to the property because of these independent vendors.
(I) Guest’s interest to participate in the tour
Payment of the registration amount only shows that the Guest is interested in going for the tour. All the services like travel tickets, visas, hotel accommodation etc shall be confirmed only on receipt of the full and final payment.
(II) Confirmation of Booking
Guest signature on the tour booking form clearly indicates that s/he has accepted the terms and conditions mentioned in the brochure. Also, in case if a single Guest is signing a booking form on behalf of the entire family, it means that the person signing is authorized by other members and they will abide by the terms and conditions.
(III) Non-payment of full tour cost before departure
Company reserves the right to cancel and forfeit the paid amount in case of non-payment of full tour cost before departure.
(IV) Change in Tour
If a Guest wishes to cancel a booked tour and join any other available tour, then cancellation charges for the previously booked tour and new tour cost plus new discounts for the new tour shall be applicable to the Guest.
If the Guest wishes to make individual bookings after the initial booking on a particular package and/or wishes to make amendments such as change of destination, departure dates, addition of deletion of services, change in passenger numbers etc. s/he has to make a written request and obtain an acknowledgement from the travel advisor. There will be an amendment fee of Rs 1000/- on every service once all services are confirmed within INDIA. The amendment may invite further cost which will have to be borne by the Guest. All such requests can be accepted only if they are available with the Company.
(V) Criteria for operating a group tour
For operating a group tour, there must be minimum 30 Guests booked on the same tour and the same date. In an event of cancellation of tour because of non-fulfilment of minimum criteria, Guests shall be intimated in advance through SMS, telephone or email.
In case, if the tour does not materialize and still the Guest wishes to continue with the same tour, on the same date, the tour shall be operated on individual basis without Tour manager and on MAP basis.
(VI) Request for special services
As a Company operating group tours we always give equal attention to each and every tour member and the entire group. At the time of booking, if the Guest informs about requirement of special assistance, the Company may not be able to guarantee it. For e.g. it may not be possible to provide wheel chair as all coaches are not equipped with these facilities. Also, we would advise our special Guests to be accompanied by a family member who can take care of him/her throughout the tour.
(vii) Medical fitness of the Guest
It is assumed that the Guests booking the tour are medically fit to travel on tour and also that s/he is aware about the tour programme and the different activities that shall be undertaken during the tour. In case of any health related issues on tour, Guests are expected to be equipped to handle it on their own. Tour Manager can give assistance in such cases but it will not be possible to give complete attention.
(viii) Guest undergoing medical treatment
In case if a medically unfit Guest books a tour and the Company is not informed of the same, the Company reserves the right to cancel the booking in order to safeguard the interest of other Guests. In case, if the Guest wishes to travel in a separate vehicle, it can be done by paying additional cost for it.
(ix) Guest who have not booked
All the services are paid services like hotel, transport, restaurants etc. hence Guest’s, relatives, friends, acquaintances who have not booked the tour shall not be allowed to use the services confirmed for the booked Guest.
(i) Registration amount
The registration amount paid at the time of booking, is non-refundable and interest free. Guests have to pay the full tour cost as per the guidelines given in the brochure. Participation on tour shall be confirmed only after the Guest makes the full payment atleast 45 days before the tour.
In case a Cheque paid by the Guest in favour of the Company is dishonored, a charge of Rs 500/- per Cheque must be paid by the Guest.
If a Guest books a tour just 45 days prior to the departure, s/he should make a payment of the entire amount. Also, the amount should be paid by Pay order / Demand Draft or Cash Only.
ii) Cost of Tour
When the tour cost is quoted, the Foreign Exchange component is calculated as per the prevailing rate of that day. The Company reserves the right to alter the cost of the tour before the departure; accordingly the Guest will have to make the full payment before tour departure. Tour costs does not include government taxes or any other tax raised by independent contractors like airlines which are to be paid by the Guest as per actuals.
(iii) Discounts for Tour
Guests can avail early booking discounts declared by the Company which are valid for the declared period only and are applicable for limited seats or for particular dates as specified. Company reserves all rights to make changes in the discount policy at any point of time without assigning any reason.
iv) Additional taxes by Airlines, Visa and Government
Airline is an independent vendor and the Company does not have any control on their operations, neither on the increase in air fare, fuel nor any other taxes like YQ & YR etc. They have to be paid by the Guest before the tour departure. Air ticket cancellation charges plus deposit forfeit charges are as applicable under the rules of the concerned airline. These are to be paid by the Guest immediately in the event of cancellation of the tour.
Hike in visa fee/VFS fee or increase in government tax are not under the Company’s control. Therefore, any such charges shall be paid by the Guest.
v) Cost of tours other than Mumbai to Mumbai tours (World tours)
Tour cost is fixed taking into consideration Mumbai to Mumbai departures. However, for convenience if the Guest wishes to board flight from airports other than Mumbai, s/he shall bear the extra charges. Also, if s/he reaches the destination before the group, s/he shall pay for the transfers, hotel stay and meal charges as per actuals.
vi) Reimbursement to the Company
For any reason if the Company bears any cost on behalf of the Guest, s/he must reimburse the amount to the Company within the designated time.
For a Guest travelling abroad, passport is an official document and also an identity. Visa (visitor intending to stay abroad) is also a must to enter a particular country. Passport copies are required for many purposes other than for processing the visa. Therefore, the Guest must keep multiple copies of each passport with him/her.
The passport should be valid for minimum 180 days from the date of departure from India and from the date of arrival/conclusion date of the tour in India. For a few countries this requirement is of 270 days. All travelers booking tours for Europe sector should ensure that the passport validity is 10 years. Passport should have sufficient blank pages that are not damaged/stapled/torn for recording visas of various countries.
(ii) Visa (World tours)
Visa permits Guest to enter another country and for tourists generally short term visa is granted by the respective consulates. The Company is a visa facilitator and generally assists Guests in preparing visa documents, submitting it and collecting passport from the consulate. Consulates may call the Guest for a personal interview even after all relevant documents have been submitted. Also, the Company is not responsible for any kind of error caused by the consulate. Issue of visa is at the sole discretion of the respective consulate; the Company does not have a hold on the decision of the consulate and cannot object to it either.
The Company generally guides tourists for UK visa documentation and/or for obtaining interview date for USA visa process. The visa fees charged to the tourists shall be at the rates prevailing as on the date of submission of documents to the consulate. No consulate generally gives any reason for not granting the visa. In such a case, the passport is returned without visa. The Company therefore shall not provide any reason as to why a person is not granted visa. The Company also cannot give any reason why a particular person was granted visa as it is at the discretion of consulate of respective countries. Visa fees are to be paid by the Guest in both these cases. For a few countries visa can be issued on arrival at the country’s respective destination. Immigration reserves the right to change the on-arrival VISA procedure at any time. On receipt of the visa, Guests are required to check validity, signatures and the photographs placed on the visa copies. In case of visa rejection, Guest shall pay the applicable charges and also tour cancellation charges.
(iii) Requirement of Photo Identity on tour
For all travel, including a tour in India, the Guest is required to carry photo identity (PAN card, official documents issued by Government bodies etc. and for students – college/school ID card of the present year).
(iv) Responsibility of the Guest while on tour
Guest is solely responsible to get all the required clearance like passport, visa confirmed air tickets, insurance etc. Guest should ensure that s/he collects all the required travel documents before the start of the tour.
Guest should keep certified true copies and photo copies of all travel and statutory clearance documents viz. passports, visas, confirmed travel tickets, insurance including medical insurance certificates, any other document used to confirm the services of tour including an arrangement with independent contractor and other statutory certificates, used by him/her while on tour.
(v) Passport loss on tour
Guest should take utmost care to ensure that the passport is not lost. It is the identity of an individual and loss of this document results in time consuming and costly formalities like launching an FIR, obtaining a landing certificate etc. The tour manager will assist the Guest with these formalities but cannot stay back as s/he has to continue the tour with rest of the group members.
|Insurance is not included in the tour cost unless specified or required by the specific consulates for issuance of visa. Usually, overseas mediclaim insurance covers hospitalization, medical emergencies and loss of passport; hence the Company strongly recommends that Guests buy the insurance. Guest should settle all insurance claims with the insurance company. Company shall not be responsible for settlement of any claims for the Guest as insurance is a separate service. The Company does not have any control on these service providers.|
(a) The Company reserves the rights to modify or alter the tour itinerary in case of force majeure conditions. Changes shall be informed to Guests at the earliest. Guests shall pay any additional charges applicable in such cases.
(b)Other than force majeure for any other unavoidable circumstance, if the Company curtails or cancels a certain day’s sightseeing, No Refund for the concerned portion of the sightseeing/tour shall be given to the Guests. The Company will not be responsible for any kind of refund in this case.
i) Guests joining/leaving the tour at locations other than specified pick up and drop points (World Tours)
Guests may join our tour at the first destination as per their convenience. In such a case Guests must possess all air tickets of the family, visas and insurance documents and are required to join the group at the first destination of the tour. Such Guests should furnish all information such as flight details, local contact details, email address etc. to the travel advisor 15 days prior to departure.
ii) Guests who wish to take a deviation from the original group tour schedule
If a Guest who has booked a group tour wishes to deviate from the tour schedule before or after the tour, s/he can do so by paying an additional cost.
In individual bookings, Guests on an Indian tour can coordinate with the driver of the car/coach. Guests on World tour can coordinate with ground handling agents to plan next day’s visit and sightseeing programme. The car/coach has specific time limits within which it operates.
|Seating arrangement in the coach shall be strictly on first come first serve basis. In the coach, seating allotment shall start from seat number 5 onwards as 1st and 2nd seat is reserved for the tour managers and the 3rd and 4th seat is reserved as premium seat which if available can be booked by the Guests at an additional cost. Company reserves the right to allocate premium seats.|
|There is a strict “no smoking”, “no alcohol” and “no eating” policy in the Coach. Guests are advised not to keep valuables in the coach while sightseeing. The Company shall not be responsible for loss of valuables from the coach. If the coach is accidently or otherwise damaged by the Guest, s/he will be required to pay compensation for the same.|
Coach/Bus during World Tours:
|The Company provides air-conditioned/air-cooled, luxury coaches. Seating and size of the coach generally depends on the number of travelers and the sector/destination.|
Coach/Bus during Indian Tours:
|The Company provides air-conditioned/non - air-conditioned/ air-cooled, luxury coaches. Seating and size of the coach generally depends on the number of travelers and the sector/destination. For a few sectors in India smaller vehicles or mini coaches will be provided.|
(i) Company selects hotels mostly at comfortable locations. Guests are generally provided sharing accommodation in standard rooms. Third bed is a roll away mattress. Other facilities like heaters / coolers are provided as per the weather condition.
(ii) Please note that for a family of 4 we strongly recommend 2 rooms.
(iv) Check-in and check-out time:
Guests are required to follow check-in and check-out time of respective hotels.
In India tours, hotels generally have a check-in time of 1200hrs and a check-out time of 1000hrs. In World tours, hotels generally have a check-in time of 1500hrs and check-out time of 1200hrs. If Guests want any change therein, it should be arranged on their own / shall pay any additional charges as applicable.
(v) Room Sharing on tour:
If there are two/three single Guests travelling on the same tour and are ready to share a hotel room they can do so with each other’s consent. The Company shall not be responsible for any misunderstanding or any incidence of missing items or any other such concerns.
(vi) Single Occupancy:
Guests who are paying for single occupancy shall get single bedded rooms that are usually away from the twin bedded rooms.
(vii) Guest wanting to avail additional facilities:
For availing any additional facility like laundry, telephone, mini-bar, snacks, food, alcohol, optional activities in the hotels, excess baggage, personal shopping, pay toilet etc, the Guest is required to bear the expenses.
|As the Company is operating group tours menu is preset. Sometimes packed meals are served. Menu is mostly vegetarian with a few non vegetarian items. In case Guest misses any meal for any reason, no refund will be given. The Company has no control over the nature of meals provided by the concerned independent supplier(s).|
Tour managers/assistants/escorts will be assisting travelers throughout the tour and they will not be responsible for loss of any Guest’s baggage or any kind of personal belongings. Guests will be solely responsible for their bags and belongings. Guests should follow information and instructions given by tour managers. The Company is not responsible for the consequences that may result from not following such instructions.
Guests are responsible for the transit of their own baggage. Any porter charges or tips for services rendered to carry baggage to the rooms will be paid by Guests to the service provider directly.
Cancellation by Guest -
If the Guest decides to cancel the tour for any reason whatsoever then s/he shall give a written application to the Company within specified time limit along with original receipt issued by the Company. Such cancellation will attract cancellation charges stated hereunder.
Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
Any refund payable to the Guest will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
In case if a tour is cancelled from the Company’s end, then the full refund of the amount paid by the guest will be made within 7 days of Cancellation of the tours. Alternatively, the guest can take any other tour option suggested by the Travel Advisor or can utilize the tour amount paid in any of the Company’s future tour within one year’s time.
(i) Information of Privacy
Any information furnished by the Guest to the tour manager and/or the Company, is subject to disclosure thereof as required by law or by an order by court or the rules, regulations and enquiry by any government / statutory authority. The Company shall not disclose any data of its own under any circumstances to any Guests including any kind of clarification on itinerary, tour costs, cancellation charges etc.
(ii) Rules laid down by Government for NRI (NON RESIDENT INDIAN) Guest
All Guests staying abroad including NRIs or foreigners should abide by all the laws, rules, and regulations of Government of India and / or the country concerned while undertaking the tour.
(iii) On Tour Shopping
Though shopping is an integral part of all tours, Canopus Holidays neither recommends nor promotes any specific shops. The Company does not take any responsibility in case of any fault in the shopped items.
(iv) Valuables should be avoided on tour
The Company strongly advises Guests not to carry valuables while travelling on tour. If any such item is carried, it must be with the Guest and not left either at the hotel lobby or in the coach. Also, it is strongly recommended not to keep valuables inside hotel room, instead they can be kept in safe deposit lockers. The Company is not responsible for loss of valuables.
(v)Video Shooting/photographs/Feedback taken on Tour
The Company reserves the right to use Photographs / Video Clips /Feedback given by the Guests and/or taken on tour, for promotion of the Company’s Business without obtaining prior permission of the concerned Guests.
If Guest has any claim, grievance and/or complaint with respect to the services provided by any of the independent contractors, Guest should immediately notify it to the independent contractor in writing, and a copy of the letter should be handed over to the tour manager.
(vii) Paid Toilets
In some places/destinations/countries, there are paid toilet halts, the expenses of which are to be borne by the Guest.
(i) Refunds if any, for variation/modification/amendments/alteration and/or cancellations etc. of any tour will be paid directly to the guest by ‘A/C payee’ Cheque, in Indian Rupees at the prevailing rate of exchange on the date of the Cheque, as per Reserve Bank of India Rules and Regulations, irrespective of whether the tour payments in part or whole were made in foreign currency.
(ii) No refund will be payable –
(a) For any missed / unused services of the tour including the meals due to whatsoever reason.
(b) Where full deposit is required to be paid in advance to the concerned authorities to enable Company to confirm the reservation
(c) If services of the tour are modified, varied, amended, cancelled or not utilized.
(d) If any Guest decides and/or is required to cancel the tour due to any changes made in the rules by the concerned Government.
(e) Where airfares are contracted in bulk for Airport to Airport departures
(f) If the tour is indefinitely postponed due to natural calamity, riots, political calamities or any other unforeseen calamities.
(g) Refund is not applicable for sectors on Indian/World tours wherein air tickets are non refundable and date change is not allowed.
The Company reserves the right to:
Take bookings for group tour and individual tour
Cancel bookings even after the acceptance of the payment without assigning any reason. In such case company shall refund the money to the Guest.
Dismiss any Guest from the tour for misbehavior especially if it affects the group and Physical or verbal assault to the Tour Manager No Refund will be provided in such cases.
Withdraw discounts at any point of time if any.
Change the routing of air travel
Change hotel and/or tour programme due to unavoidable circumstances
Passport is an official document issued by the government, identifying an individual granting him/her permission to travel abroad and identifying his/her citizenship.
It is the most important travel document needed for any travel outside India.
- A passport is the most essential travel document on your holiday
- Every individual member of your family travelling on the holiday will require a valid passport
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months for all countries ( 9 months for Malaysia), from the proposed date of return from travel
- The passport should have sufficient number of blank pages for the visas to be stamped/ stickered on your passport
- For Europe and Malaysia visas are not issued on Passports having validity beyond 10 years
- The passport is a legal document issued by the Government of India. Kindly handle your passport carefully as a damaged passport is not acceptable by the consulates/embassies or even the emigration officers at the airport.
How to read your passport
SAMPLE PHOTO OF PASSPORT
Please remember and note these details carefully as you will require the same when filling certain forms like embarkation/disembarkation/immigration forms.
VISAS: Visitors Intending to Stay Aboard
A VISA is a vital requirement for any travel outside India and needs to be applied in the country of residence sufficiently in advance.
- A visa generally gives non- citizens clearance to enter a country and to remain there within specified constraints, such as a time frame for entry, a time limit on the time spent in the country and prohibition against employment
- There are different types of VISAS like Tourist Visas, Transit Visas, Business Visas, Student Visas, Work Visas etc, so it is very important to obtain the appropriate visa for your intended travel. All information provided below is with respect to Tourist Visas
- To proceed on a holiday, you will require several tourist visas depending on the countries to be visited. Our travel consultant will advise and assist you in applying the necessary Visas
- Visas can be single-entry which means the visa is canceled as soon as the holder leaves the country; double-entry, or multiple-entry which permits double or multiple entries into the country with the same visa.
- The Visa is generally stamped or stickered in the passport itself. However a few countries (eg Singapore, Australia) have started issuing E-VISAS. An E-VISA is a separate document not attached to the passport, make sure that you carry a copy of the E-VISA along with your passport at the time of travel
- For UK, USA visa submission personal presence is a must. For UK you will need to schedule one appointment for submission and biometric (digital fingerprinting). For US you will need to schedule two appointments, one for Visa Application Center and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
- Some countries like Ireland or Mexico will grant you entry in their country if you have a vaild UK or US Visa respectively. Please get in touch with our travel consultant for further details on the same
- A few countries require you to obtain Transit Visa for passing through their country to a destination outside that country or even passing through their airport. A Transit Visa can be issued for several hours or upto a certain number of days depending on the particular transit itinerary.
- For certain countries like Thailand, Mauritius, Hong Kong, Maldives etc Visa can be obtained on arrival. Some Visas may be free on arrival and some have to be paid on arrival. Kindly check with our Travel Consultant for the same
- It is advisable to apply for VISA sufficiently well in advance with all the necessary documents. This will enable smooth and easy processing of your Visa
General Documents Required to Apply For a Visa
Original passport with minimum validity of 6 months for all countries (Malaysia will require 9 months) from the date of return from travel and sufficient number of blank pages
- Only passports with maximum 10 year validity are acceptable. If you have an old passport with validity beyond 10 years, kindly get the same re-issued before applying for a visa. Old passport to be attached
- Visa forms duly filled and signed by each applicant. For minors, thumb impression of the minor and parent’s signature are required on the visa form
- Latest coloured photographs with a white background as per specifications given to you by our travel consultant depending on the destination of travel
- Personal covering letters addressed to the respective Embassies/Consulates by the head of the family. If the guest is self-employed, then the covering letter should be on a business letter head and a visiting card should also be provided
- Original leave authorization from the employer of the applicant on the employer letterhead for employed applicants/ NOC for Government Employees
Financial/Professional documents as required by Embassies/Consulates
- Last 3 years Income Tax Papers
- 6 months bank statement with bank stamps and seal
- Salary Slips for the last 6 months
- Documents of assets and investments (FD, NSC, PPF, Property papers, Mutual fund statements etc)
- Shop Act, license, Memorandum of Association, Partnership deed for business or self-employed individuals
Other Supporting Documents
- Honeymooners: Notarized NOC from bride’s parents (parent’s signature proof), Original marriage cards from both the parties and marriage photographs.
- Minors: Children under 18 years of age travelling without one or both parents or without legal guardian must provide a notarized authorization for travel signed by both
parents /by the parent/ or legal guardian
- Students: Bonafide certificate from educational institution and ID copy/School calendar copy
Points to Note
- All documents should be in English
- The above list of documents are indicative and may vary from time to time and case to case basis
- Some Embassies/Consulates ask for original documents and call for interviews/biometrics (digital fingerprinting)
- Applicants palms/fingers should be free from stains/cuts/mehendi/colours for bio metrics
- It is recommended to carry all the financial/professional/supporting documents in originals along with one set of photocopy
How to Check Your Visa
Below is an example of How to Check your Visa